Diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs and certain disorders involving the immune mechanism
Coagulation defects, purpura and other hemorrhagic conditions
Hereditary factor VIII deficiency D66
Hereditary factor VIII deficiency D66-
- Classical hemophilia
- Deficiency factor VIII (with functional defect)
- Hemophilia NOS
- Hemophilia A
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as D66. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- An inherited deficiency of coagulation factor viii characterized by the tendency to spontaneous or exaggerated post-traumatic hemorrhage. Inherited as an x-linked recessive disease, hemophilia a is the most common hemophilia, occurring in approximately 1 in 10,000 male births.
- Classic hemophilia resulting from a deficiency of factor viii; an inherited disorder of blood coagulation characterized by a permanent tendency to hemorrhage.
- The classic hemophilia resulting from a deficiency of factor viii. It is an inherited disorder of blood coagulation characterized by a permanent tendency to hemorrhage.
- D66 Hereditary factor VIII deficiency