Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases
Disorders of thyroid gland
Congenital iodine-deficiency syndrome E00
Congenital iodine-deficiency syndrome E00-
Use Additional Help
Certain conditions have both an underlying etiology and multiple body system manifestations due to the underlying etiology. For such conditions the ICD-10-CM has a coding convention that requires the underlying condition be sequenced first followed by the manifestation. Wherever such a combination exists there is a "use additional code" note at the etiology code, and a "code first" note at the manifestation code. These instructional notes indicate the proper sequencing order of the codes, etiology followed by manifestation. In most cases the manifestation codes will have in the code title, "in diseases classified elsewhere." Codes with this title are a component of the etiology/manifestation convention. The code title indicates that it is a manifestation code. "In diseases classified elsewhere" codes are never permitted to be used as first listed or principle diagnosis codes. They must be used in conjunction with an underlying condition code and they must be listed following the underlying condition.
- code (F70-F79
ICD-10-CM Range F70-F79
) to identify associated intellectual disabilities.
- any associated physical or developmental disorders
Type 1 Excludes
- borderline intellectual functioning, IQ above 70 to 84 (R41.83)
- F70 Mild intellectual disabilities
- F71 Moderate intellectual disabilities
- F72 Severe intellectual disabilities
- F73 Profound intellectual disabilities
- F78 Other intellectual disabilities
- F79 Unspecified intellectual disabilities
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as E00. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- Severely reduced physical and mental growth associated with pyramidal and extrapyramidal signs and symptoms, due to dietary iodine deficiency.
- E00 Congenital iodine-deficiency syndrome
- E00.0 Congenital iodine-deficiency syndrome, neurological type
- E00.1 Congenital iodine-deficiency syndrome, myxedematous type
- E00.2 Congenital iodine-deficiency syndrome, mixed type
- E00.9 Congenital iodine-deficiency syndrome, unspecified