Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases
Disorders of thyroid gland
Thyroiditis E06- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as E06. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- Inflammation of the thyroid gland
- Inflammation of the thyroid gland.
- Inflammation of the thyroid gland. Thyroiditis may be an autoimmune disease that affects the thyroid gland over time, causing hypothyroidism (too little thyroid hormone). A temporary form of thyroiditis may also occur after the birth of a baby, or when viral or bacterial infections spread to the thyroid.
- Inflammatory diseases of the thyroid gland. Thyroiditis can be classified into acute (thyroiditis, suppurative), subacute (granulomatous and lymphocytic), chronic fibrous (riedel's), chronic lymphocytic (hashimoto disease), transient (postpartum thyroiditis), and other autoimmune thyroiditis subtypes.
- E06 Thyroiditis
- E06.0 Acute thyroiditis
- E06.1 Subacute thyroiditis
- E06.2 Chronic thyroiditis with transient thyrotoxicosis
- E06.3 Autoimmune thyroiditis
- E06.4 Drug-induced thyroiditis
- E06.5 Other chronic thyroiditis
- E06.9 Thyroiditis, unspecified