Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases
Diabetes mellitus due to underlying condition
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code E08.3541
Diabetes mellitus due to underlying condition with proliferative diabetic retinopathy with combined traction retinal detachment and rhegmatogenous retinal detachment, right eye
2017 - New Code 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code Manifestation Code
- E08.3541 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Diabetes with prolif diabetic rtnop with comb detach, r eye
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM E08.3541 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of E08.3541 - other international versions of ICD-10 E08.3541 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- E08.3541 describes the manifestation of an underlying disease, not the disease itself.
ICD-10-CM E08.3541 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
The following code(s) above E08.3541
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to E08.3541
- 008 Simultaneous pancreas and kidney transplant
- 010 Pancreas transplant
- 124 Other disorders of the eye with mcc
- 125 Other disorders of the eye without mcc
Convert E08.3541 to ICD-9-CM
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): New code
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To E08.3541
Diabetes mellitus due to underlying condition with proliferative diabetic retinopathy with traction retinal detachment not involving the macula
Diabetes mellitus due to underlying condition with proliferative diabetic retinopathy with combined traction retinal detachment and rhegmatogenous retinal detachment
…… right eye
Diabetes mellitus due to underlying condition with stable proliferative diabetic retinopathy
Diabetes mellitus due to underlying condition with proliferative diabetic retinopathy without macular edema
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.