Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases
Disorders of other endocrine glands
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code E26.01
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code
- E26.01 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM E26.01 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of E26.01 - other international versions of ICD-10 E26.01 may differ.
Code Also Help
A code also note instructs that 2 codes may be required to fully describe a condition but the sequencing of the two codes is discretionary, depending on the severity of the conditions and the reason for the encounter.
The following code(s) above E26.01
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to E26.01
- Conn syndrome
- Conns syndrome
ICD-10-CM E26.01 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- An endocrine disorder characterized by excessive production of aldosterone by the adrenal glands. Causes include adrenal gland adenoma and adrenal gland hyperplasia. The overproduction of aldosterone results in sodium and water retention and hypokalemia. Patients present with high blood pressure, muscle weakness, and headache.
- Overproduction of aldosterone by an adrenal cortical adenoma, characterized typically by low potassium levels, underacidity of the body, muscular weakness, excess urination, excess thirst, and high blood pressure.
- Primary hyperaldosteronism caused by the excess production of aldosterone by an adenoma of the zona glomerulosa or conn adenoma.
- 643 Endocrine disorders with mcc
- 644 Endocrine disorders with cc
- 645 Endocrine disorders without cc/mcc
Convert E26.01 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- Conn's syndrome E26.01
- Syndrome - see also Disease
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To E26.01
Ectopic ACTH syndrome
Alcohol-induced pseudo-Cushing's syndrome
Other Cushing's syndrome
Cushing's syndrome, unspecified
Congenital adrenogenital disorders associated with enzyme deficiency
Other adrenogenital disorders
Adrenogenital disorder, unspecified
Other primary hyperaldosteronism
Other disorders of adrenal gland
Other adrenocortical overactivity
Primary adrenocortical insufficiency
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.