Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as E40-E46. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (E40-E46) and the excluded code together.
E41 Nutritional marasmus
E42 Marasmic kwashiorkor
E43 Unspecified severe protein-calorie malnutrition
E44 Protein-calorie malnutrition of moderate and mild degree
E45 Retarded development following protein-calorie malnutrition
E46 Unspecified protein-calorie malnutrition
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes E40-*
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes E41-*
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes E42-*
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes E43-*
- E43 Unspecified severe protein-calorie malnutriti...
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes E44-*
- E44 Protein-calorie malnutrition of moderate and ...
- E44.0 Moderate protein-calorie malnutrition
- E44.1 Mild protein-calorie malnutrition
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes E45-*
- E45 Retarded development following protein-calori...
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes E46-*
- E46 Unspecified protein-calorie malnutrition
ICD-10-CM Range E00-E89
Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases
- E00-E07 Disorders of thyroid gland
- E08-E13 Diabetes mellitus
- E15-E16 Other disorders of glucose regulation an...
- E20-E35 Disorders of other endocrine glands
- E36-E36 Intraoperative complications of endocrin...
- E40-E46 Malnutrition
- E50-E64 Other nutritional deficiencies
- E65-E68 Overweight, obesity and other hyperalime...
- E70-E88 Metabolic disorders
- E89-E89 Postprocedural endocrine and metabolic c...
ICD-10-CM Range E36-E36
Intraoperative complications of endocrine system
- E36 Intraoperative complications of endocrin...
ICD-10-CM Range E50-E64
Other nutritional deficiencies
- E50 Vitamin A deficiency
- E51 Thiamine deficiency
- E52 Niacin deficiency [pellagra]
- E53 Deficiency of other B group vitamins
- E54 Ascorbic acid deficiency
- E55 Vitamin D deficiency
- E56 Other vitamin deficiencies
- E58 Dietary calcium deficiency
- E59 Dietary selenium deficiency
- E60 Dietary zinc deficiency
- E61 Deficiency of other nutrient elements
- E63 Other nutritional deficiencies
- E64 Sequelae of malnutrition and other nutri...
ICD-10-CM Range F01-F99
Mental, Behavioral and Neurodevelopmental disorders
- F01-F09 Mental disorders due to known physiologi...
- F10-F19 Mental and behavioral disorders due to p...
- F20-F29 Schizophrenia, schizotypal, delusional, ...
- F30-F39 Mood [affective] disorders
- F40-F48 Anxiety, dissociative, stress-related, s...
- F50-F59 Behavioral syndromes associated with phy...
- F60-F69 Disorders of adult personality and behav...
- F70-F79 Intellectual disabilities
- F80-F89 Pervasive and specific developmental dis...
- F90-F98 Behavioral and emotional disorders with ...
- F99-F99 Unspecified mental disorder