Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases
Overweight, obesity and other hyperalimentation
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code E67
2016 2017 2018 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- E67 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM E67 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of E67 - other international versions of ICD-10 E67 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as E67. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
The following code(s) above E67
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to E67
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To E67
Overweight and obesity
Obesity due to excess calories
Morbid (severe) obesity due to excess calories
Other obesity due to excess calories
Morbid (severe) obesity with alveolar hypoventilation
Other specified hyperalimentation
Sequelae of hyperalimentation
Disorders of aromatic amino-acid metabolism
Disorders of tyrosine metabolism
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.