Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases
Disorders of aromatic amino-acid metabolism
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code E70.32
2016 2017 2018 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- E70.32 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM E70.32 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of E70.32 - other international versions of ICD-10 E70.32 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as E70.32. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
The following code(s) above E70.32
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to E70.32
- An autosomal recessive inherited disorder caused by mutations of the oca2, slc45a2, tyr and tyrp1 genes. It is characterized by hypopigmentation of the skin, hair, and eyes, resulting in very fair skin, white colored hair, and reduced pigmentation in the iris and retina. Individuals may have vision disturbances and photophobia.
- Heterogeneous group of autosomal recessive disorders comprising at least four recognized types, all having in common varying degrees of hypopigmentation of the skin, hair, and eyes. The two most common are the tyrosinase-positive and tyrosinase-negative types.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To E70.32
Disorder of tyrosine metabolism, unspecified
Other disorders of tyrosine metabolism
Autosomal recessive ocular albinism
Tyrosinase negative oculocutaneous albinism
Tyrosinase positive oculocutaneous albinism
Other oculocutaneous albinism
Albinism with hematologic abnormality
Other albinism with hematologic abnormality
Other specified albinism
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.