Mental, Behavioral and Neurodevelopmental disorders
Schizophrenia, schizotypal, delusional, and other non-mood psychotic disorders
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code F20.3
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code
- F20.3 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM F20.3 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of F20.3 - other international versions of ICD-10 F20.3 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as F20.3. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (F20.3) and the excluded code together.
The following code(s) above F20.3
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to F20.3
- Schizophrenia, undifferentiated
- Schizophrenia, undifferentiated, subchronic
- Schizophrenia, undifferentiated, subchronic, acute
- Subchronic undifferentiated schizophrenia
- Subchronic undifferentiated schizophrenia with acute exacerbations
ICD-10-CM F20.3 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- A subtype of schizophrenia in which the individual exhibits the characteristic symptoms of schizophrenia but the overall picture is not one of catatonic type, paranoid type, or disorganized type schizophrenia.
Convert F20.3 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To F20.3
Other psychoactive substance use, unspecified with other psychoactive substance-induced disorders
Other psychoactive substance use, unspecified with psychoactive substance-induced anxiety disorder
Other psychoactive substance use, unspecified with psychoactive substance-induced sexual dysfunction
Other psychoactive substance use, unspecified with psychoactive substance-induced sleep disorder
Other psychoactive substance use, unspecified with other psychoactive substance-induced disorder
…… with unspecified psychoactive substance-induced disorder
Brief psychotic disorder
Shared psychotic disorder
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.