Mental, Behavioral and Neurodevelopmental disorders
Anxiety, dissociative, stress-related, somatoform and other nonpsychotic mental disorders
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code F45.9
Somatoform disorder, unspecified
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code
- F45.9 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM F45.9 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of F45.9 - other international versions of ICD-10 F45.9 may differ.
- Psychosomatic disorder NOS
The following code(s) above F45.9
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to F45.9
- Psychophysiologic disorder
- Psychosomatic disorder
- Somatic symptom and related disorder
- Somatic symptom disorder
- Somatoform disorder
ICD-10-CM F45.9 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- A category of psychiatric disorders which are characterized by the presence of physical symptoms that suggest a medical condition but are not fully explained by any known medical reasons.
- A group of disorders characterized by physical symptoms that are affected by emotional factors and involve a single organ system, usually under autonomic nervous system control. (american psychiatric glossary, 1988)
- Characterized by physical symptoms and demonstrable structural or physiological changes in which emotional factors are believed to play a major etiologic role.
- Disorders characterized by bodily symptoms caused by psychological factors.
- Disorders having the presence of physical symptoms that suggest a general medical condition but that are not fully explained by a general medical condition, by the direct effects of a substance, or by another mental disorder. The symptoms must cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other areas of functioning. In contrast to factitious disorders and malingering, the physical symptoms are not under voluntary control. (apa, dsm-iv)
- 882 Neuroses except depressive
Convert F45.9 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To F45.9
Undifferentiated somatoform disorder
Hypochondriacal disorder, unspecified
Body dysmorphic disorder
Other hypochondriacal disorders
Pain disorders related to psychological factors
Pain disorder exclusively related to psychological factors
Pain disorder with related psychological factors
Other somatoform disorders
Somatoform disorder, unspecified
Other nonpsychotic mental disorders
Other specified nonpsychotic mental disorders
Nonpsychotic mental disorder, unspecified
…… binge eating/purging type
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.