Mental, Behavioral and Neurodevelopmental disorders
Behavioral syndromes associated with physiological disturbances and physical factors
Sleep disorders not due to a substance or known physiological condition
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code F51.3
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code
- F51.3 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM F51.3 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of F51.3 - other international versions of ICD-10 F51.3 may differ.
- Non-rapid eye movement sleep arousal disorders, sleepwalking type
The following code(s) above F51.3
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to F51.3
- Non-rapid eye movement sleep arousal disorder, sleepwalking type
- Nonrem sleep arousal disorder, sleepwalking type
- Sleep walking disorder
ICD-10-CM F51.3 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- A parasomnia characterized by a partial arousal that occurs during stage iv of non-rem sleep. Affected individuals exhibit semipurposeful behaviors such as ambulation and are difficult to fully awaken. Children are primarily affected, with a peak age range of 4-6 years.
- A sleep disorder characterized by repeated episodes of rising from bed and walking about; while sleepwalking, the individual has a blank stare and can be awakened only with great difficulty. On awakening, the individual has amnesia for the episode.
- 887 Other mental disorder diagnoses
Convert F51.3 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
Code annotations containing back-references to F51.3:
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To F51.3
Insomnia due to other mental disorder
Other insomnia not due to a substance or known physiological condition
Hypersomnia not due to a substance or known physiological condition
Insufficient sleep syndrome
Hypersomnia due to other mental disorder
Other hypersomnia not due to a substance or known physiological condition
Sleep terrors [night terrors]
Other sleep disorders not due to a substance or known physiological condition
Sleep disorder not due to a substance or known physiological condition, unspecified
Sexual dysfunction not due to a substance or known physiological condition
Hypoactive sexual desire disorder
Sexual aversion disorder
Sexual arousal disorders
Female sexual arousal disorder
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.