Intellectual disabilities F70-F79
Intellectual disabilities F70-F79
Code First Help
Certain conditions have both an underlying etiology and multiple body system manifestations due to the underlying etiology. For such conditions, ICD-10-CM has a coding convention that requires the underlying condition be sequenced first followed by the manifestation. Wherever such a combination exists there is a "use additional code" note at the etiology code, and a "code first" note at the manifestation code. These instructional notes indicate the proper sequencing order of the codes, etiology followed by manifestation. In most cases the manifestation codes will have in the code title, "in diseases classified elsewhere." Codes with this title are a component of the etiology/manifestation convention. The code title indicates that it is a manifestation code. "In diseases classified elsewhere" codes are never permitted to be used as first listed or principle diagnosis codes. They must be used in conjunction with an underlying condition code and they must be listed following the underlying condition.
- any associated physical or developmental disorders
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as F70-F79. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
F70 Mild intellectual disabilities
F71 Moderate intellectual disabilities
F72 Severe intellectual disabilities
F73 Profound intellectual disabilities
F78 Other intellectual disabilities
F79 Unspecified intellectual disabilities
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes F70-*
- F70 Mild intellectual disabilities
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes F71-*
- F71 Moderate intellectual disabilities
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes F72-*
- F72 Severe intellectual disabilities
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes F73-*
- F73 Profound intellectual disabilities
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes F78-*
- F78 Other intellectual disabilities
- F78.A Other genetic related intellectual disabiliti...
- F78.A1 SYNGAP1-related intellectual disability
- F78.A9 Other genetic related intellectual disability...
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes F79-*
- F79 Unspecified intellectual disabilities
ICD-10-CM Range F01-F99
Mental, Behavioral and Neurodevelopmental disorders
- F01-F09 Mental disorders due to known physiologi...
- F10-F19 Mental and behavioral disorders due to p...
- F20-F29 Schizophrenia, schizotypal, delusional, ...
- F30-F39 Mood [affective] disorders
- F40-F48 Anxiety, dissociative, stress-related, s...
- F50-F59 Behavioral syndromes associated with phy...
- F60-F69 Disorders of adult personality and behav...
- F70-F79 Intellectual disabilities
- F80-F89 Pervasive and specific developmental dis...
- F90-F98 Behavioral and emotional disorders with ...
- F99-F99 Unspecified mental disorder
ICD-10-CM Range F60-F69
Disorders of adult personality and behavior
- F60 Specific personality disorders
- F63 Impulse disorders
- F64 Gender identity disorders
- F65 Paraphilias
- F66 Other sexual disorders
- F68 Other disorders of adult personality and...
- F69 Unspecified disorder of adult personalit...
ICD-10-CM Range F80-F89
Pervasive and specific developmental disorders
- F80 Specific developmental disorders of spee...
- F81 Specific developmental disorders of scho...
- F82 Specific developmental disorder of motor...
- F84 Pervasive developmental disorders
- F88 Other disorders of psychological develop...
- F89 Unspecified disorder of psychological de...
ICD-10-CM Range G00-G99
Diseases of the nervous system
- G00-G09 Inflammatory diseases of the central ner...
- G10-G14 Systemic atrophies primarily affecting t...
- G20-G26 Extrapyramidal and movement disorders
- G30-G32 Other degenerative diseases of the nervo...
- G35-G37 Demyelinating diseases of the central ne...
- G40-G47 Episodic and paroxysmal disorders
- G50-G59 Nerve, nerve root and plexus disorders
- G60-G65 Polyneuropathies and other disorders of ...
- G70-G73 Diseases of myoneural junction and muscl...
- G80-G83 Cerebral palsy and other paralytic syndr...
- G89-G99 Other disorders of the nervous system