Diseases of the eye and adnexa
Disorders of sclera, cornea, iris and ciliary body
Other disorders of cornea
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code H18.60
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- H18.60 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM H18.60 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of H18.60 - other international versions of ICD-10 H18.60 may differ.
The following code(s) above H18.60
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to H18.60
- A degenerative, structural disorder of the eye, characterized by a cone-shaped protrusion of the cornea. It may lead to visual disturbances.
- A noninflammatory, usually bilateral protrusion of the cornea, the apex being displaced downward and nasally. It occurs most commonly in females at about puberty. The cause is unknown but hereditary factors may play a role. The -conus refers to the cone shape of the corneal protrusion. (from Dorland, 27th ed)
- Noninflammatory, usually bilateral protrusion of the cornea in which the apex is displaced downward and nasally; the conus refers to the cone shape of the corneal protrusion.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To H18.60
Other corneal degeneration
Hereditary corneal dystrophies
Unspecified hereditary corneal dystrophies
Endothelial corneal dystrophy
Epithelial (juvenile) corneal dystrophy
Granular corneal dystrophy
Lattice corneal dystrophy
Macular corneal dystrophy
Other hereditary corneal dystrophies
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.