Diseases of the eye and adnexa
Disorders of lens
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code H26.1
2016 2017 2018 2019 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- H26.1 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM H26.1 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of H26.1 - other international versions of ICD-10 H26.1 may differ.
Use Additional Help
Certain conditions have both an underlying etiology and multiple body system manifestations due to the underlying etiology. For such conditions the ICD-10-CM has a coding convention that requires the underlying condition be sequenced first followed by the manifestation. Wherever such a combination exists there is a "use additional code" note at the etiology code, and a "code first" note at the manifestation code. These instructional notes indicate the proper sequencing order of the codes, etiology followed by manifestation. In most cases the manifestation codes will have in the code title, "in diseases classified elsewhere." Codes with this title are a component of the etiology/manifestation convention. The code title indicates that it is a manifestation code. "In diseases classified elsewhere" codes are never permitted to be used as first listed or principle diagnosis codes. They must be used in conjunction with an underlying condition code and they must be listed following the underlying condition.
- code (Chapter 20) to identify external cause
The following code(s) above H26.1
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to H26.1
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To H26.1
Combined forms of infantile and juvenile cataract
Other infantile and juvenile cataract
Unspecified traumatic cataract
Localized traumatic opacities
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.