Diseases of the eye and adnexa
Disorders of choroid and retina
Other disorders of choroid
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code H31.1
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- H31.1 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM H31.1 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of H31.1 - other international versions of ICD-10 H31.1 may differ.
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (H31.1) and the excluded code together.
The following code(s) above H31.1
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to H31.1
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
Code annotations containing back-references to H31.1:
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To H31.1
Other chorioretinal scars
Unspecified choroidal degeneration
Choroidal degeneration, unspecified, right eye
Choroidal degeneration, unspecified, left eye
Choroidal degeneration, unspecified, bilateral
Choroidal degeneration, unspecified, unspecified eye
Age-related choroidal atrophy
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.