Diseases of the eye and adnexa
Disorders of optic nerve and visual pathways
Other disorders of optic [2nd] nerve and visual pathways
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code H47.039
Optic nerve hypoplasia, unspecified eye
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code
- H47.039 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018/2019 edition of ICD-10-CM H47.039 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of H47.039 - other international versions of ICD-10 H47.039 may differ.
The following code(s) above H47.039
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to H47.039
- Hypoplasia of optic nerve
- Hypoplasia of the optic nerve
ICD-10-CM H47.039 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- A congenital abnormality characterized by the underdevelopment of the optic nerve.
- 123 Neurological eye disorders
Convert H47.039 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To H47.039
Hemorrhage in optic nerve sheath
…… unspecified eye
Other disorders of optic nerve, not elsewhere classified
…… associated with increased intracranial pressure
…… associated with decreased ocular pressure
…… associated with retinal disorder
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.