Diseases of the eye and adnexa
Disorders of ocular muscles, binocular movement, accommodation and refraction
Disorders of refraction and accommodation
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code H52.20
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- H52.20 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM H52.20 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of H52.20 - other international versions of ICD-10 H52.20 may differ.
The following code(s) above H52.20
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to H52.20
- Optical defect in which refractive power is not uniform in all directions (meridians); light rays entering the eye are bent unequally by different meridians, which prevents formation of a sharp image focus on the retina.
- Unequal curvature of the refractive surfaces of the eye. Thus a point source of light cannot be brought to a point focus on the retina but is spread over a more or less diffuse area. This results from the radius of curvature in one plane being longer or shorter than the radius at right angles to it. (Dorland, 27th ed)
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To H52.20
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.