Diseases of the ear and mastoid process
Diseases of external ear
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code H60
2016 2017 2018 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- H60 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM H60 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of H60 - other international versions of ICD-10 H60 may differ.
The following code(s) above H60
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to H60
- A disorder characterized by inflammation, swelling and redness to the outer ear and ear canal.
- An acute or chronic inflammatory process involving the skin of the outer ear and the ear canal.
- Inflammation of the outer ear including the external ear canal, cartilages of the auricle (ear cartilage), and the tympanic membrane.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To H60
Other intraoperative and postprocedural complications and disorders of eye and adnexa, not elsewhere classified
Chorioretinal scars after surgery for detachment
Other intraoperative complications of eye and adnexa, not elsewhere classified
Other postprocedural complications and disorders of eye and adnexa, not elsewhere classified
Abscess of external ear
Abscess of right external ear
Abscess of left external ear
Cellulitis of external ear
Cellulitis of right external ear
Cellulitis of left external ear
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.