Diseases of the ear and mastoid process
Diseases of middle ear and mastoid
Mastoiditis and related conditions
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code H70.90
Unspecified mastoiditis, unspecified ear
2016 2017 2018 2019 Billable/Specific Code
- H70.90 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018/2019 edition of ICD-10-CM H70.90 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of H70.90 - other international versions of ICD-10 H70.90 may differ.
The following code(s) above H70.90
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to H70.90
ICD-10-CM H70.90 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v36.0):
- Inflammation of the honeycomb-like mastoid bone in the skull just behind the ear. It is usually a complication of otitis media.
- 152 Otitis media and uri with mcc
- 153 Otitis media and uri without mcc
Convert H70.90 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To H70.90
Other mastoiditis and related conditions
…… unspecified ear
Cholesteatoma of middle ear
Cholesteatoma of attic
Cholesteatoma of tympanum
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.