Diseases of the ear and mastoid process
Diseases of middle ear and mastoid
Cholesteatoma of middle ear H71
Cholesteatoma of middle ear H71-
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (H71) and the excluded code together.
- A mass of keratin-producing squamous epithelium that resembles an inverted (suck-in) bag of skin in the middle ear. It arises from the eardrum (tympanic membrane) and grows into the middle ear causing erosion of ear ossicles and mastoid that contains the inner ear.
- H71 Cholesteatoma of middle ear
- H71.0 Cholesteatoma of attic
- H71.1 Cholesteatoma of tympanum
- H71.2 Cholesteatoma of mastoid
- H71.3 Diffuse cholesteatosis
- H71.9 Unspecified cholesteatoma