Diseases of the ear and mastoid process
Diseases of inner ear
Disorders of vestibular function
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code H81.2
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- H81.2 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM H81.2 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of H81.2 - other international versions of ICD-10 H81.2 may differ.
The following code(s) above H81.2
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to H81.2
- Idiopathic inflammation of the vestibular nerve, characterized clinically by the acute or subacute onset of vertigo; nausea; and imbalance. The cochlear nerve is typically spared and hearing loss and tinnitus do not usually occur. Symptoms usually resolve over a period of days to weeks. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p304)
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
- Neuronitis G58.9
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code G58.9
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To H81.2
Benign paroxysmal vertigo
Other peripheral vertigo
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.