Diseases of the ear and mastoid process
Other disorders of ear
Otalgia and effusion of ear
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code H92.2
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- H92.2 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM H92.2 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of H92.2 - other international versions of ICD-10 H92.2 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as H92.2. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- traumatic otorrhagia - code to injury
The following code(s) above H92.2
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to H92.2
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To H92.2
Other disorders of ear, not elsewhere classified
Degenerative and vascular disorders of ear
Transient ischemic deafness
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.