Diseases of the circulatory system
Acute rheumatic fever
Rheumatic fever with heart involvement I01- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as I01. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- chronic diseases of rheumatic origin (I05-I09
ICD-10-CM Range I05-I09
) unless rheumatic fever is also present or there is evidence of reactivation or activity of the rheumatic process.
Chronic rheumatic heart diseases
- I05 Rheumatic mitral valve diseases
- I06 Rheumatic aortic valve diseases
- I07 Rheumatic tricuspid valve diseases
- I08 Multiple valve diseases
- I09 Other rheumatic heart diseases
- Cardiac manifestation of systemic rheumatological conditions, such as rheumatic fever. Rheumatic heart disease can involve any part the heart, most often the heart valves and the endocardium.
- Most important manifestation and sequel to rheumatic fever, consisting chiefly of heart valve deformities.
- I01 Rheumatic fever with heart involvement
- I01.0 Acute rheumatic pericarditis
- I01.1 Acute rheumatic endocarditis
- I01.2 Acute rheumatic myocarditis
- I01.8 Other acute rheumatic heart disease
- I01.9 Acute rheumatic heart disease, unspecified