Diseases of the respiratory system
Other acute lower respiratory infections
Acute bronchiolitis J21
Acute bronchiolitis J21-
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (J21) and the excluded code together.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- acute bronchiolitis with bronchospasm
- J21 Acute bronchiolitis
- J21.0 Acute bronchiolitis due to respiratory syncytial virus
- J21.1 Acute bronchiolitis due to human metapneumovirus
- J21.8 Acute bronchiolitis due to other specified organisms
- J21.9 Acute bronchiolitis, unspecified