Chronic lower respiratory diseases
Chronic lower respiratory diseases J40-J47 >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as J40-J47. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (J40-J47) and the excluded code together.
J40 Bronchitis, not specified as acute or chronic
J41 Simple and mucopurulent chronic bronchitis
J42 Unspecified chronic bronchitis
J44 Other chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes J40-*
- J40 Bronchitis, not specified as acute or chronic...
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes J41-*
- J41 Simple and mucopurulent chronic bronchitis
- J41.0 Simple chronic bronchitis
- J41.1 Mucopurulent chronic bronchitis
- J41.8 Mixed simple and mucopurulent chronic bronchi...
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes J42-*
- J42 Unspecified chronic bronchitis
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes J43-*
- J43 Emphysema
- J43.0 Unilateral pulmonary emphysema [MacLeod's syn...
- J43.1 Panlobular emphysema
- J43.2 Centrilobular emphysema
- J43.8 Other emphysema
- J43.9 Emphysema, unspecified
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes J44-*
- J44 Other chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- J44.0 Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with (a...
- J44.1 Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with (a...
- J44.9 Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, unspec...
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes J45-*
- J45 Asthma
- J45.2 Mild intermittent asthma
- J45.20 …… uncomplicated
- J45.21 Mild intermittent asthma with (acute) exacerb...
- J45.22 Mild intermittent asthma with status asthmati...
- J45.3 Mild persistent asthma
- J45.30 …… uncomplicated
- J45.31 Mild persistent asthma with (acute) exacerbat...
- J45.32 Mild persistent asthma with status asthmaticu...
- J45.4 Moderate persistent asthma
- J45.40 …… uncomplicated
- J45.41 Moderate persistent asthma with (acute) exace...
- J45.42 Moderate persistent asthma with status asthma...
- J45.5 Severe persistent asthma
- J45.50 …… uncomplicated
- J45.51 Severe persistent asthma with (acute) exacerb...
- J45.52 Severe persistent asthma with status asthmati...
- J45.9 Other and unspecified asthma
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes J47-*
- J47 Bronchiectasis
- J47.0 Bronchiectasis with acute lower respiratory i...
- J47.1 Bronchiectasis with (acute) exacerbation
- J47.9 Bronchiectasis, uncomplicated
ICD-10-CM Range J00-J99
Diseases of the respiratory system
- J00-J06 Acute upper respiratory infections
- J09-J18 Influenza and pneumonia
- J20-J22 Other acute lower respiratory infections
- J30-J39 Other diseases of upper respiratory trac...
- J40-J47 Chronic lower respiratory diseases
- J60-J70 Lung diseases due to external agents
- J80-J84 Other respiratory diseases principally a...
- J85-J86 Suppurative and necrotic conditions of t...
- J90-J94 Other diseases of the pleura
- J95-J95 Intraoperative and postprocedural compli...
- J96-J99 Other diseases of the respiratory system
ICD-10-CM Range J30-J39
Other diseases of upper respiratory tract
- J30 Vasomotor and allergic rhinitis
- J31 Chronic rhinitis, nasopharyngitis and ph...
- J32 Chronic sinusitis
- J33 Nasal polyp
- J34 Other and unspecified disorders of nose ...
- J35 Chronic diseases of tonsils and adenoids
- J36 Peritonsillar abscess
- J37 Chronic laryngitis and laryngotracheitis
- J38 Diseases of vocal cords and larynx, not ...
- J39 Other diseases of upper respiratory trac...
ICD-10-CM Range J60-J70
Lung diseases due to external agents
Type 2 Excludes
- asthma (J45.-)
- malignant neoplasm of bronchus and lung (C34.-)
- J60 Coalworker's pneumoconiosis
- J61 Pneumoconiosis due to asbestos and other...
- J62 Pneumoconiosis due to dust containing si...
- J63 Pneumoconiosis due to other inorganic du...
- J64 Unspecified pneumoconiosis
- J65 Pneumoconiosis associated with tuberculo...
- J66 Airway disease due to specific organic d...
- J67 Hypersensitivity pneumonitis due to orga...
- J68 Respiratory conditions due to inhalation...
- J69 Pneumonitis due to solids and liquids
- J70 Respiratory conditions due to other exte...
ICD-10-CM Range K00-K95
Diseases of the digestive system
- K00-K14 Diseases of oral cavity and salivary gla...
- K20-K31 Diseases of esophagus, stomach and duode...
- K35-K38 Diseases of appendix
- K40-K46 Hernia
- K50-K52 Noninfective enteritis and colitis
- K55-K64 Other diseases of intestines
- K65-K68 Diseases of peritoneum and retroperitone...
- K70-K77 Diseases of liver
- K80-K87 Disorders of gallbladder, biliary tract ...
- K90-K95 Other diseases of the digestive system