Diseases of the respiratory system
Other respiratory diseases principally affecting the interstitium
Acute respiratory distress syndrome J80
Acute respiratory distress syndrome J80-
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome in adult or child
- Adult hyaline membrane disease
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as J80. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- A disorder characterized by progressive and life-threatening pulmonary distress in the absence of an underlying pulmonary condition, usually following major trauma or surgery.
- A syndrome characterized by progressive life-threatening respiratory insufficiency in the absence of known lung diseases, usually following a systemic insult such as surgery or major trauma.
- Fulminant pulmonary interstitial and alveolar edema resulting from diffuse infection, shock, or trauma of the lungs.
- Progressive and life-threatening pulmonary distress in the absence of an underlying pulmonary condition, usually following major trauma or surgery. Cases of neonatal respiratory distress syndrome are not included in this definition.
- J80 Acute respiratory distress syndrome