Diseases of the digestive system
Diseases of appendix
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code K35
2016 2017 2018 2019 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- K35 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2018/2019 edition of ICD-10-CM K35 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of K35 - other international versions of ICD-10 K35 may differ.
The following code(s) above K35
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to K35
- A disorder characterized by acute inflammation to the vermiform appendix caused by a pathogenic agent.
- Acute inflammation of the vermiform appendix.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
Code annotations containing back-references to K35:
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To K35
Polyp of stomach and duodenum
Other specified diseases of stomach and duodenum
Angiodysplasia of stomach and duodenum
Dieulafoy lesion (hemorrhagic) of stomach and duodenum
Other diseases of stomach and duodenum
Disease of stomach and duodenum, unspecified
Acute appendicitis with generalized peritonitis
Acute appendicitis with localized peritonitis
…… without perforation or gangrene
…… and gangrene, without perforation
Acute appendicitis with perforation and localized peritonitis, without abscess
Acute appendicitis with perforation and localized peritonitis, with abscess
Other and unspecified acute appendicitis
Unspecified acute appendicitis
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.