Diseases of the digestive system
Other diseases of intestines
Vascular disorders of intestine
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code K55.3
2017 - New Code 2018 2019 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- K55.3 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2018/2019 edition of ICD-10-CM K55.3 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of K55.3 - other international versions of ICD-10 K55.3 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as K55.3. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (K55.3) and the excluded code together.
The following code(s) above K55.3
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to K55.3
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): New code
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To K55.3
Diffuse acute (reversible) ischemia of intestine, part unspecified
Acute (reversible) ischemia of intestine, part and extent unspecified
Acute infarction of intestine, part unspecified
Focal (segmental) acute infarction of intestine, part unspecified
Diffuse acute infarction of intestine, part unspecified
Acute infarction of intestine, part and extent unspecified
Chronic vascular disorders of intestine
Angiodysplasia of colon
Stage 1 necrotizing enterocolitis
Stage 2 necrotizing enterocolitis
Stage 3 necrotizing enterocolitis
Other vascular disorders of intestine
Vascular disorder of intestine, unspecified
Paralytic ileus and intestinal obstruction without hernia
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.