Diseases of the digestive system
Disorders of gallbladder, biliary tract and pancreas
Cholecystitis K81- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as K81. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- A disorder characterized by inflammation involving the gallbladder. It may be associated with the presence of gallstones.
- An acute or chronic inflammation involving the gallbladder wall. It may be associated with the presence of gallstones.
- Inflammation of the gallbladder; generally caused by impairment of bile flow, gallstones in the biliary tract, infections, or other diseases.
- K81 Cholecystitis
- K81.0 Acute cholecystitis
- K81.1 Chronic cholecystitis
- K81.2 Acute cholecystitis with chronic cholecystitis
- K81.9 Cholecystitis, unspecified