Intestinal malabsorption K90
Intestinal malabsorption K90-
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as K90. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- A disorder characterized by inadequate absorption of nutrients in the small intestine. Symptoms include abdominal marked discomfort, bloating and diarrhea.
- A group of symptoms such as gas, bloating, abdominal pain, and diarrhea resulting from the body's inability to properly absorb nutrients.
- A syndrome resulting from the inadequate absorption of nutrients in the small intestine. Symptoms include abdominal pain, bloating, and diarrhea.
- General term for a group of malnutrition syndromes caused by failure of normal intestinal absorption of nutrients.
- Impaired absorption of nutrients in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Malabsorption: decreased absorption of fat and other nutrients caused by liver, biliary, pancreatic or intestinal disease. The 72-hour fecal fat determination is the best single test for mal- absorption.
- Your small intestine does most of the digesting of the foods you eat. If you have a malabsorption syndrome, your small intestine cannot absorb nutrients from foods.causes of malabsorption syndromes include
treatment of malabsorption syndromes depends on the cause.
- celiac disease
- lactose intolerance
- short bowel syndrome, which happens after surgery to remove a large portion of the small intestine
- whipple disease, a rare bacterial infection
- genetic diseases
- certain medicines
- K90 Intestinal malabsorption
- K90.0 Celiac disease
- K90.1 Tropical sprue
- K90.2 Blind loop syndrome, not elsewhere classified
- K90.3 Pancreatic steatorrhea
- K90.4 Other malabsorption due to intolerance
- K90.41 Non-celiac gluten sensitivity
- K90.49 Malabsorption due to intolerance, not elsewhere classified
- K90.8 Other intestinal malabsorption
- K90.81 Whipple's disease
- K90.89 Other intestinal malabsorption
- K90.9 Intestinal malabsorption, unspecified