Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as L10. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- A blistering skin disorder. Morphologically it is characterized by acantholysis and intraepidermal blister formation.
- Group of chronic blistering diseases characterized histologically by acantholysis and blister formation within the epidermis.
- Pemphigus is an autoimmune disorder in which your antibodies attack healthy cells in your skin and mouth, causing blisters and sores. No one knows what causes this attack. Pemphigus does not spread from person to person. It does not appear to be inherited. But some people's genes put them more at risk for pemphigus.pemphigoid is also an autoimmune skin disease. It leads to deep blisters that do not break easily. Pemphigoid is most common in older adults and may be fatal. The treatment of pemphigus and pemphigoid is the same: one or more medicines. These may include
nih: national institute of arthritis and musculoskeletal and skin diseases
- steroids, which reduce inflammation
- drugs that suppress the immune system response
- antibiotics to treat associated infections
- L10 Pemphigus
- L10.0 Pemphigus vulgaris
- L10.1 Pemphigus vegetans
- L10.2 Pemphigus foliaceous
- L10.3 Brazilian pemphigus [fogo selvagem]
- L10.4 Pemphigus erythematosus
- L10.5 Drug-induced pemphigus
- L10.8 Other pemphigus
- L10.9 Pemphigus, unspecified