Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue
Dermatitis and eczema
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as L29. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- A disorder characterized by an intense itching sensation.
- An intense itching sensation that produces the urge to rub or scratch the skin to obtain relief.
- An intense itching sensation.
- Intense itching sensation that produces the urge to rub or scratch the skin to obtain relief.
- Itching is skin tingling or irritation that makes you want to scratch the itchy area. It's a symptom of many health conditions. Common causes are
to soothe itchy skin, you can try cold compresses, lotions and lukewarm baths. Avoid scratching, wearing irritating fabrics and high heat and humidity. Most itching is not serious. However, if you itch all over, have hives that keep coming back or have itching without an apparent cause, you might require medical attention.
- allergic reactions
- dry skin
- insect bites and stings
- irritating chemicals
- parasites such as pinworms, scabies, head and body lice
- reactions to medicines
- Itching. Severe itching may be a side effect of some cancer treatments and a symptom of some types of cancers.