Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code L41
2016 2017 2018 2019 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- L41 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM L41 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of L41 - other international versions of ICD-10 L41 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as L41. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
The following code(s) above L41
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to L41
- An inflammatory skin disorder of unknown etiology characterized by papules and plaques or scaly patches resembling psoriasis.
- The term applied to a group of relatively uncommon inflammatory, maculopapular, scaly eruptions of unknown etiology and resistant to conventional treatment. Eruptions are both psoriatic and lichenoid in appearance, but the diseases are distinct from psoriasis, lichen planus, or other recognized dermatoses. Proposed nomenclature divides parapsoriasis into two distinct subgroups, pityriasis lichenoides and parapsoriasis en plaques (small- and large-plaque parapsoriasis).
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To L41
Distal interphalangeal psoriatic arthropathy
Psoriatic arthritis mutilans
Psoriatic juvenile arthropathy
Other psoriatic arthropathy
Pityriasis lichenoides et varioliformis acuta
Pityriasis lichenoides chronica
Small plaque parapsoriasis
Large plaque parapsoriasis
Hypertrophic lichen planus
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.