Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue
Disorders of skin appendages
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as L68. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- A disorder characterized by hair density or length beyond the accepted limits of normal in a particular body region, for a particular age or race.
- Excessive hair growth at inappropriate locations, such as on the extremities, the head, and the back. It is caused by genetic or acquired factors, and is an androgen-independent process. This concept does not include hirsutism which is an androgen-dependent excess hair growth in women and children.
- Generalized or localized hair growth of abnormal length and density. It may be congenital or acquired (e.g., drug-induced).
- L68 Hypertrichosis
- L68.0 Hirsutism
- L68.1 Acquired hypertrichosis lanuginosa
- L68.2 Localized hypertrichosis
- L68.3 Polytrichia
- L68.8 Other hypertrichosis
- L68.9 Hypertrichosis, unspecified