Diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue
Other disorders of the skin and subcutaneous tissue
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code L82
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- L82 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM L82 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of L82 - other international versions of ICD-10 L82 may differ.
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (L82) and the excluded code together.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- basal cell papilloma
- dermatosis papulosa nigra
- Leser-Trélat disease
The following code(s) above L82
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to L82
- A common benign skin neoplasm usually affecting older individuals. The lesions usually are multiple and arise in the face, chest, and shoulders. They appear as black or brown, slightly elevated skin lesions.
- Benign eccrine poromas that present as multiple oval, brown-to-black plaques, located mostly on the chest and back. The age of onset is usually in the fourth or fifth decade.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
Code annotations containing back-references to L82:
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To L82
Other melanin hyperpigmentation
Leukoderma, not elsewhere classified
Other disorders of diminished melanin formation
Pigmented purpuric dermatosis
Other specified disorders of pigmentation
Disorder of pigmentation, unspecified
Inflamed seborrheic keratosis
Other seborrheic keratosis
Corns and callosities
Other epidermal thickening
Acquired keratosis [keratoderma] palmaris et plantaris
Keratosis punctata (palmaris et plantaris)
Other specified epidermal thickening
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.