Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue
2018/2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code M07
2016 2017 2018 2019 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- M07 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2018/2019 edition of ICD-10-CM M07 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of M07 - other international versions of ICD-10 M07 may differ.
Code Also Help
A code also note instructs that 2 codes may be required to fully describe a condition but the sequencing of the two codes is discretionary, depending on the severity of the conditions and the reason for the encounter.
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as M07. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
The following code(s) above M07
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to M07
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
Code annotations containing back-references to M07:
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To M07
Other specified rheumatoid arthritis, right knee
Other specified rheumatoid arthritis, left knee
Other specified rheumatoid arthritis, unspecified knee
Other specified rheumatoid arthritis, ankle and foot
Other specified rheumatoid arthritis, right ankle and foot
Other specified rheumatoid arthritis, left ankle and foot
Other specified rheumatoid arthritis, unspecified ankle and foot
Rheumatoid arthritis, unspecified
Enteropathic arthropathies, shoulder
Enteropathic arthropathies, right shoulder
Enteropathic arthropathies, left shoulder
Enteropathic arthropathies, unspecified shoulder
Enteropathic arthropathies, elbow
Enteropathic arthropathies, right elbow
Enteropathic arthropathies, left elbow
Enteropathic arthropathies, unspecified elbow
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.