Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue
Systemic connective tissue disorders
Systemic sclerosis [scleroderma] M34
Systemic sclerosis [scleroderma] M34-
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as M34. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- A chronic disorder, possibly autoimmune, marked by excessive production of collagen which results in hardening and thickening of body tissues. The two types of systemic scleroderma, limited cutaneous and diffuse cutaneous are classified with focus on the extent of affected skin. A relationship exists between the extent of skin area affected and degree of internal organ/system involvement. Systemic scleroderma can manifest itself in pulmonary fibrosis, raynaud's syndrome, digestive system telangiectasias, renal hypertension and/or pulmonary hypertension.
- A chronic multi-system disorder of connective tissue. It is characterized by sclerosis in the skin, the lungs, the heart, the gastrointestinal tract, the kidneys, and the musculoskeletal system. Other important features include diseased small blood vessels and autoantibodies. The disorder is named for its most prominent feature (hard skin), and classified into subsets by the extent of skin thickening: limited scleroderma and diffuse scleroderma.
- A disease that is marked by hardening and thickening of skin, connective tissue that surrounds other tissues and organs, and blood vessels.
- A rare, chronic disease characterized by excessive deposits of collagen in the skin or other organs
- Systemic disorder of the connective tissue; manifested by hardening and thickening of the skin, by abnormalities involving the microvasculature and larger vessels, and by fibrotic degenerative changes in various body organs including the heart, lungs, kidneys, and gastrointestinal tract.
- M34 Systemic sclerosis [scleroderma]
- M34.0 Progressive systemic sclerosis
- M34.1 CR(E)ST syndrome
- M34.2 Systemic sclerosis induced by drug and chemical
- M34.8 Other forms of systemic sclerosis
- M34.81 Systemic sclerosis with lung involvement
- M34.82 Systemic sclerosis with myopathy
- M34.83 Systemic sclerosis with polyneuropathy
- M34.89 Other systemic sclerosis
- M34.9 Systemic sclerosis, unspecified