Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue
Ankylosing spondylitis M45- >
- Rheumatoid arthritis of spine
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as M45. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (M45) and the excluded code together.
- A chronic inflammatory condition affecting the axial joints, such as the sacroiliac joint and other intervertebral or costovertebral joints. It occurs predominantly in young males and is characterized by pain and stiffness of joints (ankylosis) with inflammation at tendon insertions.
- An autoimmune chronic inflammatory disorder characterized by inflammation in the vertebral joints of the spine and sacroiliac joints. It predominantly affects young males. Patients present with stiffness and pain in the spine.
- Ankylosing spondylitis is a type of arthritis of the spine. It causes swelling between your vertebrae, which are the disks that make up your spine, and in the joints between your spine and pelvis. Ankylosing spondylitis is an immune disease. The disease is more common and more severe in men. It often runs in families. Early symptoms include back pain and stiffness. These problems often start in late adolescence or early adulthood. Over time, ankylosing spondylitis can fuse your vertebrae together, limiting movement. Symptoms can worsen or improve or stop altogether. The disease has no cure, but medicines can relieve the pain, swelling and other symptoms. Exercise can also help. nih: national institute of arthritis and musculoskeletal and skin disease
- Chronic inflammation of the spine and the low back bone joint
- M45 Ankylosing spondylitis
- M45.0 Ankylosing spondylitis of multiple sites in spine
- M45.1 Ankylosing spondylitis of occipito-atlanto-axial region
- M45.2 Ankylosing spondylitis of cervical region
- M45.3 Ankylosing spondylitis of cervicothoracic region
- M45.4 Ankylosing spondylitis of thoracic region
- M45.5 Ankylosing spondylitis of thoracolumbar region
- M45.6 Ankylosing spondylitis lumbar region
- M45.7 Ankylosing spondylitis of lumbosacral region
- M45.8 Ankylosing spondylitis sacral and sacrococcygeal region
- M45.9 Ankylosing spondylitis of unspecified sites in spine