Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue
Other soft tissue disorders
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code M77.1
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- M77.1 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM M77.1 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of M77.1 - other international versions of ICD-10 M77.1 may differ.
The following code(s) above M77.1
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to M77.1
- A condition characterized by pain in or near the lateral humeral epicondyle or in the forearm extensor muscle mass as a result of unusual strain. It occurs in tennis players as well as housewives, artisans, and violinists.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To M77.1
Other specified enthesopathies of lower limb, excluding foot
Other specified enthesopathies of right lower limb, excluding foot
Other specified enthesopathies of left lower limb, excluding foot
Other specified enthesopathies of unspecified lower limb, excluding foot
Unspecified enthesopathy, lower limb, excluding foot
Periarthritis of wrist
Periarthritis, unspecified wrist
Periarthritis, right wrist
Periarthritis, left wrist
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.