Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code M93
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- M93 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM M93 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of M93 - other international versions of ICD-10 M93 may differ.
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (M93) and the excluded code together.
The following code(s) above M93
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to M93
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To M93
Juvenile osteochondrosis of tarsus
Juvenile osteochondrosis of metatarsus
Other specified juvenile osteochondrosis
Juvenile osteochondrosis, unspecified
Slipped upper femoral epiphysis (nontraumatic)
Unspecified slipped upper femoral epiphysis (nontraumatic)
Acute slipped upper femoral epiphysis (nontraumatic)
Chronic slipped upper femoral epiphysis (nontraumatic)
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.