Diseases of the genitourinary system
Nephrotic syndrome N04- >
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- congenital nephrotic syndrome
- lipoid nephrosis
- A collection of symptoms that include severe edema, proteinuria, and hypoalbuminemia; it is indicative of renal dysfunction.
- A condition characterized by severe proteinuria, greater than 3.5 g/day in an average adult. The substantial loss of protein in the urine results in complications such as hypoproteinemia; generalized edema; hypertension; and hyperlipidemias. Diseases associated with nephrotic syndrome generally cause chronic kidney dysfunction.
- A kidney disease characterized by a high protein level in urine
- A kidney disease with no or minimal histological glomerular changes on light microscopy and with no immune deposits. It is characterized by lipid accumulation in the epithelial cells of kidney tubules and in the urine. Patients usually show nephrotic syndrome indicating the presence of proteinuria with accompanying edema.
- A rare autosomal recessive inherited nephrotic syndrome that is present in the first week of life. It manifests with edema and proteinuria and usually has a poor prognosis.
- Diseases involving defective kidney glomeruli, characterized by massive proteinuria and lipiduria with varying degrees of edema, hypoalbuminemia, and hyperlipidemia.
- Nephrotic syndrome: twenty-four hour urine protein > three grams. May be associated with hypoalbuminemia and hypercholesterolemia.
- N04 Nephrotic syndrome
- N04.0 Nephrotic syndrome with minor glomerular abnormality
- N04.1 Nephrotic syndrome with focal and segmental glomerular lesions
- N04.2 Nephrotic syndrome with diffuse membranous glomerulonephritis
- N04.3 Nephrotic syndrome with diffuse mesangial proliferative glomerulonephritis
- N04.4 Nephrotic syndrome with diffuse endocapillary proliferative glomerulonephritis
- N04.5 Nephrotic syndrome with diffuse mesangiocapillary glomerulonephritis
- N04.6 Nephrotic syndrome with dense deposit disease
- N04.7 Nephrotic syndrome with diffuse crescentic glomerulonephritis
- N04.8 Nephrotic syndrome with other morphologic changes
- N04.9 Nephrotic syndrome with unspecified morphologic changes