Renal tubulo-interstitial diseases
Renal tubulo-interstitial diseases N10-N16 >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as N10-N16. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
N10 Acute pyelonephritis
N11 Chronic tubulo-interstitial nephritis
N12 Tubulo-interstitial nephritis, not specified as acute or chronic
N13 Obstructive and reflux uropathy
N14 Drug- and heavy-metal-induced tubulo-interstitial and tubular conditions
N15 Other renal tubulo-interstitial diseases
N16 Renal tubulo-interstitial disorders in diseases classified elsewhere
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes N10-*
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes N11-*
- N11 Chronic tubulo-interstitial nephritis
- N11.0 Nonobstructive reflux-associated chronic pyel...
- N11.1 Chronic obstructive pyelonephritis
- N11.8 Other chronic tubulo-interstitial nephritis
- N11.9 Chronic tubulo-interstitial nephritis, unspec...
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes N12-*
- N12 Tubulo-interstitial nephritis, not specified ...
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes N13-*
- N13 Obstructive and reflux uropathy
- N13.0 Hydronephrosis with ureteropelvic junction ob...
- N13.1 Hydronephrosis with ureteral stricture, not e...
- N13.2 Hydronephrosis with renal and ureteral calcul...
- N13.3 Other and unspecified hydronephrosis
- N13.30 Unspecified hydronephrosis
- N13.39 Other hydronephrosis
- N13.4 Hydroureter
- N13.5 Crossing vessel and stricture of ureter witho...
- N13.6 Pyonephrosis
- N13.7 Vesicoureteral-reflux
- N13.70 …… unspecified
- N13.71 Vesicoureteral-reflux without reflux nephropa...
- N13.72 Vesicoureteral-reflux with reflux nephropathy...
- N13.721 Vesicoureteral-reflux with reflux nephropathy...
- N13.722 Vesicoureteral-reflux with reflux nephropathy...
- N13.729 Vesicoureteral-reflux with reflux nephropathy...
- N13.73 Vesicoureteral-reflux with reflux nephropathy...
- N13.731 Vesicoureteral-reflux with reflux nephropathy...
- N13.732 Vesicoureteral-reflux with reflux nephropathy...
- N13.739 Vesicoureteral-reflux with reflux nephropathy...
- N13.8 Other obstructive and reflux uropathy
- N13.9 Obstructive and reflux uropathy, unspecified
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes N14-*
- N14 Drug- and heavy-metal-induced tubulo-intersti...
- N14.0 Analgesic nephropathy
- N14.1 Nephropathy induced by other drugs, medicamen...
- N14.2 Nephropathy induced by unspecified drug, medi...
- N14.3 Nephropathy induced by heavy metals
- N14.4 Toxic nephropathy, not elsewhere classified
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes N15-*
- N15 Other renal tubulo-interstitial diseases
- N15.0 Balkan nephropathy
- N15.1 Renal and perinephric abscess
- N15.8 Other specified renal tubulo-interstitial dis...
- N15.9 Renal tubulo-interstitial disease, unspecifie...
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes N16-*
- N16 Renal tubulo-interstitial disorders in diseas...
ICD-10-CM Range N00-N99
Diseases of the genitourinary system
- N00-N08 Glomerular diseases
- N10-N16 Renal tubulo-interstitial diseases
- N17-N19 Acute kidney failure and chronic kidney ...
- N20-N23 Urolithiasis
- N25-N29 Other disorders of kidney and ureter
- N30-N39 Other diseases of the urinary system
- N40-N53 Diseases of male genital organs
- N60-N65 Disorders of breast
- N70-N77 Inflammatory diseases of female pelvic o...
- N80-N98 Noninflammatory disorders of female geni...
- N99-N99 Intraoperative and postprocedural compli...
ICD-10-CM Range N00-N08
- any associated kidney failure (N17-N19).
Type 1 Excludes
- hypertensive chronic kidney disease (I12.-)
- N00 Acute nephritic syndrome
- N01 Rapidly progressive nephritic syndrome
- N02 Recurrent and persistent hematuria
- N03 Chronic nephritic syndrome
- N04 Nephrotic syndrome
- N05 Unspecified nephritic syndrome
- N06 Isolated proteinuria with specified morp...
- N07 Hereditary nephropathy, not elsewhere cl...
- N08 Glomerular disorders in diseases classif...
ICD-10-CM Range N17-N19
Acute kidney failure and chronic kidney disease
Type 2 Excludes
- congenital renal failure (P96.0)
- drug- and heavy-metal-induced tubulo-interstitial and tubular conditions (N14.-)
- extrarenal uremia (R39.2)
- hemolytic-uremic syndrome (D59.3)
- hepatorenal syndrome (K76.7)
- postpartum hepatorenal syndrome (O90.4)
- posttraumatic renal failure (T79.5)
- prerenal uremia (R39.2)
- renal failure complicating abortion or ectopic or molar pregnancy (O00-O07, O08.4)
- renal failure following labor and delivery (O90.4)
- renal failure postprocedural (N99.0)
- N17 Acute kidney failure
- N18 Chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- N19 Unspecified kidney failure
ICD-10-CM Range O00-O9A
Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
- O00-O08 Pregnancy with abortive outcome
- O09-O09 Supervision of high risk pregnancy
- O10-O16 Edema, proteinuria and hypertensive diso...
- O20-O29 Other maternal disorders predominantly r...
- O30-O48 Maternal care related to the fetus and a...
- O60-O77 Complications of labor and delivery
- O80-O82 Encounter for delivery
- O85-O92 Complications predominantly related to t...
- O94-O9A Other obstetric conditions, not elsewher...