Acute kidney failure N17
Acute kidney failure N17-
Code Also Help
A code also note instructs that 2 codes may be required to fully describe a condition but the sequencing of the two codes is discretionary, depending on the severity of the conditions and the reason for the encounter.
- associated underlying condition
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as N17. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- A disorder characterized by the acute loss of renal function and is traditionally classified as pre-renal (low blood flow into kidney), renal (kidney damage) and post-renal causes (ureteral or bladder outflow obstruction).
- Clinical syndrome characterized by a sudden decrease in glomerular filtration rate, usually associated with oliguria and always associated with biochemical consequences of the reduction in glomerular filtration rate such as a rise in blood urea nitrogen (bun) and serum creatinine concentrations.
- Sudden and sustained deterioration of the kidney function characterized by decreased glomerular filtration rate, increased serum creatinine or oliguria.
- N17 Acute kidney failure
- N17.0 Acute kidney failure with tubular necrosis
- N17.1 Acute kidney failure with acute cortical necrosis
- N17.2 Acute kidney failure with medullary necrosis
- N17.8 Other acute kidney failure
- N17.9 Acute kidney failure, unspecified