Diseases of the genitourinary system
Diseases of male genital organs
Orchitis and epididymitis
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code N45.1
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code Male Dx
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- N45.1 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM N45.1 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of N45.1 - other international versions of ICD-10 N45.1 may differ.
- N45.1 is applicable to male patients.
The following code(s) above N45.1
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to N45.1
ICD-10-CM N45.1 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- Inflammation of the epididymis, convoluted cordlike structure attached to the posterior of the testis.
- Inflammation of the epididymis. Its clinical features include enlarged epididymis, a swollen scrotum; pain; pyuria; and fever. It is usually related to infections in the urinary tract, which likely spread to the epididymis through either the vas deferens or the lymphatics of the spermatic cord.
- 727 Inflammation of the male reproductive system with mcc
- 728 Inflammation of the male reproductive system without mcc
Convert N45.1 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
- Didymytis N45.1
- Epididymitis (acute) (nonvenereal) (recurrent) (residual) N45.1
- Gangrene, gangrenous (connective tissue) (dropsical) (dry) (moist) (skin) (ulcer) I96 - see also Necrosis
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code I96
Gangrene, not elsewhere classified
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code
Type 2 Excludes
- gangrene in diabetes mellitus (E08-E13 with .52)
- epididymis N45.1 (infectional)
- Periepididymitis N45.1
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To N45.1
Extravaginal torsion of spermatic cord
Intravaginal torsion of spermatic cord
Torsion of appendix testis
Torsion of appendix epididymis
Cyst of tunica albuginea testis
Benign cyst of testis
Other noninflammatory disorders of the testis
Orchitis and epididymitis
Abscess of epididymis or testis
Azoospermia due to extratesticular causes
Azoospermia due to drug therapy
Azoospermia due to infection
Azoospermia due to obstruction of efferent ducts
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.