Diseases of the genitourinary system
Diseases of male genital organs
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code N46
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- N46 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM N46 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of N46 - other international versions of ICD-10 N46 may differ.
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as N46. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
The following code(s) above N46
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to N46
- Infertility is a term doctors use if a man hasn't been able to get a woman pregnant after at least one year of trying. Male infertility can result from physical problems, hormone problems, and lifestyle or environmental factors.about a third of the time, infertility is because of a problem with the man. One third of the time, it is a problem with the woman. Sometimes no cause can be found.if you suspect you are infertile, see your doctor. There are tests that may tell if you have fertility problems. When it is possible to find the cause, treatments may include medicines, surgery, or assisted reproductive technologies. Happily, two-thirds of couples treated for infertility are able to have babies. dept. Of health and human services office on women's health
- The inability of the male to effect fertilization of an ovum after a specified period of unprotected intercourse. Male sterility is permanent infertility.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
Code annotations containing back-references to N46:
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To N46
Torsion of appendix testis
Torsion of appendix epididymis
Cyst of tunica albuginea testis
Benign cyst of testis
Other noninflammatory disorders of the testis
Orchitis and epididymitis
Abscess of epididymis or testis
Azoospermia due to extratesticular causes
Azoospermia due to drug therapy
Azoospermia due to infection
Azoospermia due to obstruction of efferent ducts
Azoospermia due to radiation
Azoospermia due to systemic disease
Azoospermia due to other extratesticular causes
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.