Diseases of the genitourinary system
Diseases of male genital organs
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code N46.1
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- N46.1 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM N46.1 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of N46.1 - other international versions of ICD-10 N46.1 may differ.
- Male infertility due to germinal cell desquamation
- Male infertility due to hypospermatogenesis
- Male infertility due to incomplete spermatogenic arrest
The following code(s) above N46.1
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to N46.1
- A condition of suboptimal concentration of spermatozoa in the ejaculated semen to ensure successful fertilization of an ovum. In humans, oligospermia is defined as a sperm count below 20 million per milliliter semen.
- A disorder characterized by a decrease in the number of spermatozoa in the semen.
- Decreased number of spermatozoa in the semen.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
Code annotations containing back-references to N46.1:
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To N46.1
Azoospermia due to extratesticular causes
Azoospermia due to drug therapy
Azoospermia due to infection
Azoospermia due to obstruction of efferent ducts
Azoospermia due to radiation
Azoospermia due to systemic disease
Azoospermia due to other extratesticular causes
Oligospermia due to extratesticular causes
Oligospermia due to drug therapy
Oligospermia due to infection
Oligospermia due to obstruction of efferent ducts
Oligospermia due to radiation
Oligospermia due to systemic disease
Oligospermia due to other extratesticular causes
Other male infertility
Male infertility, unspecified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.