Diseases of the genitourinary system
Diseases of male genital organs
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code N46.9
Male infertility, unspecified
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code Adult Dx (15-124 years) Male Dx
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- N46.9 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM N46.9 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of N46.9 - other international versions of ICD-10 N46.9 may differ.
- N46.9 is applicable to adult patients aged 15 - 124 years inclusive.
- N46.9 is applicable to male patients.
The following code(s) above N46.9
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to N46.9
ICD-10-CM N46.9 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- Infertility is a term doctors use if a man hasn't been able to get a woman pregnant after at least one year of trying. Male infertility can result from physical problems, hormone problems, and lifestyle or environmental factors.about a third of the time, infertility is because of a problem with the man. One third of the time, it is a problem with the woman. Sometimes no cause can be found.if you suspect you are infertile, see your doctor. There are tests that may tell if you have fertility problems. When it is possible to find the cause, treatments may include medicines, surgery, or assisted reproductive technologies. Happily, two-thirds of couples treated for infertility are able to have babies. dept. Of health and human services office on women's health
- The inability of the male to effect fertilization of an ovum after a specified period of unprotected intercourse. Male sterility is permanent infertility.
- 729 Other male reproductive system diagnoses with cc/mcc
- 730 Other male reproductive system diagnoses without cc/mcc
Convert N46.9 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To N46.9
Oligospermia due to extratesticular causes
Oligospermia due to drug therapy
Oligospermia due to infection
Oligospermia due to obstruction of efferent ducts
Oligospermia due to radiation
Oligospermia due to systemic disease
Oligospermia due to other extratesticular causes
Other male infertility
Male infertility, unspecified
Adherent prepuce, newborn
Benign cyst of prepuce
Adhesions of prepuce and glans penis
Other inflammatory diseases of prepuce
Other disorders of prepuce
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.