Inflammatory disease of uterus, except cervix N71
Inflammatory disease of uterus, except cervix N71-
Use Additional Help
Certain conditions have both an underlying etiology and multiple body system manifestations due to the underlying etiology. For such conditions the ICD-10-CM has a coding convention that requires the underlying condition be sequenced first followed by the manifestation. Wherever such a combination exists there is a "use additional code" note at the etiology code, and a "code first" note at the manifestation code. These instructional notes indicate the proper sequencing order of the codes, etiology followed by manifestation. In most cases the manifestation codes will have in the code title, "in diseases classified elsewhere." Codes with this title are a component of the etiology/manifestation convention. The code title indicates that it is a manifestation code. "In diseases classified elsewhere" codes are never permitted to be used as first listed or principle diagnosis codes. They must be used in conjunction with an underlying condition code and they must be listed following the underlying condition.
- code (B95-B97
ICD-10-CM Range B95-B97
), to identify infectious agent
Bacterial and viral infectious agents
- These categories are provided for use as supplementary or additional codes to identify the infectious agent(s) in diseases classified elsewhere.
- B95 Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, and Enter...
- B96 Other bacterial agents as the cause of d...
- B97 Viral agents as the cause of diseases cl...
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as N71. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- hyperplastic endometritis (
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code N85.0
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- infection of uterus following delivery (
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O85
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) Female Dx
- Postpartum sepsis
- Puerperal peritonitis
- Puerperal pyemia
Type 1 Excludes
- fever of unknown origin following delivery (O86.4)
- genital tract infection following delivery (O86.1-)
- obstetric pyemic and septic embolism (O88.3-)
- puerperal septic thrombophlebitis (O86.81)
- urinary tract infection following delivery (O86.2-)
Type 2 Excludes
- sepsis during labor (O75.3)
- code (B95-B97), to identify infectious agent
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code O86
- O86 Other puerperal infections
- O86.0 Infection of obstetric surgical wound
- O86.00 Infection of obstetric surgical wound, unspec...
- O86.01 Infection of obstetric surgical wound, superf...
- O86.02 Infection of obstetric surgical wound, deep i...
- O86.03 Infection of obstetric surgical wound, organ ...
- O86.04 Sepsis following an obstetrical procedure
- O86.09 Infection of obstetric surgical wound, other ...
- O86.1 Other infection of genital tract following de...
- O86.11 Cervicitis following delivery
- O86.12 Endometritis following delivery
- O86.13 Vaginitis following delivery
- O86.19 Other infection of genital tract following de...
- O86.2 Urinary tract infection following delivery
- O86.20 Urinary tract infection following delivery, u...
- O86.21 Infection of kidney following delivery
- O86.22 Infection of bladder following delivery
- O86.29 Other urinary tract infection following deliv...
- O86.4 Pyrexia of unknown origin following delivery
- O86.8 Other specified puerperal infections
- O86.81 Puerperal septic thrombophlebitis
- O86.89 Other specified puerperal infections
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- endo (myo) metritis
- uterine abscess
- An accumulation of pus in the uterine cavity (uterus). Pyometra generally indicates the presence of infections.
- N71 Inflammatory disease of uterus, except cervix
- N71.0 Acute inflammatory disease of uterus
- N71.1 Chronic inflammatory disease of uterus
- N71.9 Inflammatory disease of uterus, unspecified