Diseases of the genitourinary system
Inflammatory diseases of female pelvic organs
Other female pelvic inflammatory diseases N73
Other female pelvic inflammatory diseases N73-
Use Additional Help
Certain conditions have both an underlying etiology and multiple body system manifestations due to the underlying etiology. For such conditions the ICD-10-CM has a coding convention that requires the underlying condition be sequenced first followed by the manifestation. Wherever such a combination exists there is a "use additional code" note at the etiology code, and a "code first" note at the manifestation code. These instructional notes indicate the proper sequencing order of the codes, etiology followed by manifestation. In most cases the manifestation codes will have in the code title, "in diseases classified elsewhere." Codes with this title are a component of the etiology/manifestation convention. The code title indicates that it is a manifestation code. "In diseases classified elsewhere" codes are never permitted to be used as first listed or principle diagnosis codes. They must be used in conjunction with an underlying condition code and they must be listed following the underlying condition.
- code (B95-B97
ICD-10-CM Range B95-B97
), to identify infectious agent.
Bacterial and viral infectious agents
- These categories are provided for use as supplementary or additional codes to identify the infectious agent(s) in diseases classified elsewhere.
- B95 Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, and Enter...
- B96 Other bacterial agents as the cause of d...
- B97 Viral agents as the cause of diseases cl...
- N73 Other female pelvic inflammatory diseases
- N73.0 Acute parametritis and pelvic cellulitis
- N73.1 Chronic parametritis and pelvic cellulitis
- N73.2 Unspecified parametritis and pelvic cellulitis
- N73.3 Female acute pelvic peritonitis
- N73.4 Female chronic pelvic peritonitis
- N73.5 Female pelvic peritonitis, unspecified
- N73.6 Female pelvic peritoneal adhesions (postinfective)
- N73.8 Other specified female pelvic inflammatory diseases
- N73.9 Female pelvic inflammatory disease, unspecified