Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
Pregnancy with abortive outcome
Ectopic pregnancy O00
Ectopic pregnancy O00-
Use Additional Help
Certain conditions have both an underlying etiology and multiple body system manifestations due to the underlying etiology. For such conditions the ICD-10-CM has a coding convention that requires the underlying condition be sequenced first followed by the manifestation. Wherever such a combination exists there is a "use additional code" note at the etiology code, and a "code first" note at the manifestation code. These instructional notes indicate the proper sequencing order of the codes, etiology followed by manifestation. In most cases the manifestation codes will have in the code title, "in diseases classified elsewhere." Codes with this title are a component of the etiology/manifestation convention. The code title indicates that it is a manifestation code. "In diseases classified elsewhere" codes are never permitted to be used as first listed or principle diagnosis codes. They must be used in conjunction with an underlying condition code and they must be listed following the underlying condition.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- ruptured ectopic pregnancy
- A condition in which a fertilized egg grows outside of the uterus, usually in one of the fallopian tubes. Symptoms include sharp pain on one side of the abdomen and bleeding from the vagina.
- A potentially life-threatening condition in which the embryo, mammalian implants outside the cavity of the uterus. Most ectopic pregnancies (>96%) occur in the fallopian tubes, known as tubal pregnancy. They can be in other locations, such as uterine cervix; ovary; and abdominal cavity (pregnancy, abdominal).
- An abnormal pregnancy in which the egg is implanted anywhere outside the corpus uteri.
- Development of a fertilized ovum outside of the uterine cavity.
- The state or condition of having a developing embryo or fetus in the body (outside the uterus), after union of an ovum and spermatozoon, during the period from conception to birth.
- The uterus, or womb, is an important female reproductive organ. It is the place where a baby grows when a woman is pregnant. If you have an ectopic pregnancy, the fertilized egg grows in an abnormal place, outside the uterus, usually in the fallopian tubes. The result is usually a miscarriage.ectopic pregnancy can be a medical emergency if it ruptures. Signs of ectopic pregnancy include
get medical care right away if you have these signs. Doctors use drugs or surgery to remove the ectopic tissue so it doesn't damage your organs. Many women who have had ectopic pregnancies go on to have healthy pregnancies later. dept. Of health and human services office on women's health
- abdominal pain
- shoulder pain
- vaginal bleeding
- feeling dizzy or faint
- O00 Ectopic pregnancy
- O00.0 Abdominal pregnancy
- O00.00 …… without intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.01 …… with intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.1 Tubal pregnancy
- O00.10 Tubal pregnancy without intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.101 Right tubal pregnancy without intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.102 Left tubal pregnancy without intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.109 Unspecified tubal pregnancy without intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.11 Tubal pregnancy with intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.111 Right tubal pregnancy with intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.112 Left tubal pregnancy with intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.119 Unspecified tubal pregnancy with intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.2 Ovarian pregnancy
- O00.20 Ovarian pregnancy without intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.201 Right ovarian pregnancy without intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.202 Left ovarian pregnancy without intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.209 Unspecified ovarian pregnancy without intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.21 Ovarian pregnancy with intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.211 Right ovarian pregnancy with intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.212 Left ovarian pregnancy with intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.219 Unspecified ovarian pregnancy with intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.8 Other ectopic pregnancy
- O00.80 …… without intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.81 …… with intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.9 Ectopic pregnancy, unspecified
- O00.90 Unspecified ectopic pregnancy without intrauterine pregnancy
- O00.91 Unspecified ectopic pregnancy with intrauterine pregnancy